Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Planning out the rest of the year

What exactly do I have planned for the Blog the rest of the year?

February 7th is signing day, and we will have some good stuff coming out as we analyze the 2007 recruiting class, and what the team looks like headed into Spring. I have been preparing some articles, and stuff for about a month, so it should read well. We also are going to try to take a close look at the other classes in the conference.

The Basketball team hopefully will rebound and be playing all the way through March. We will have the usual previews, and game day coverage when time permits. I think Romar turns it around and this team is in it at Pac Ten tournament time.

In April we will have Spring Football, and Spring Sports to follow through May. Yes, I am a big time Husky Crew fan. What is not to like about Crew?

June, and July are usually pretty dead, and we will combat that by breaking down an upcoming opponent each week. We will continue to peruse the other blog's each week for information on what is going around in the Pac Ten. We will also have the Weekly Edition of the Monday Morning Wash. Early recruits will start to verbal, expect a few in state guys to do that to get the class on a roll. We will comment on it after it happens. Every once in awhile their may be some down time for vacation.

In August things get exciting as the hits fall camp at Montlake. I would like to get out and see a practice this year. I predict that we win as many as nine games this year.

Last year I couldn't see any games in person. It was the first time since I was a kid that I didn't go to at least one Husky game. I am going to make up for it this year by watching road games at Syracuse, Arizona St, and UCLA. We of course will be in Husky Stadium when the Dawg's break their losing streak against the Duck's.

Now Hawaii is an interesting option too. It isn't an easy trip from Chicago, but I wouldn't have too much trouble getting Kate to buy into that. I have to think about that one.

As far as bowls go I really don't go unless it is Holiday, Rose, or BCS. I can't miss a Rose Bowl, and the Holiday works fine, but El Paso is a hard sell. If it is warm, my wife will go.

Rugby

Hair passes on a great site about Americans' playing Rugby in Europe. I used to play Rugby when I lived in Seattle, and I had a lot of fun.

No comments: