Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What's Cooking?

We all have at least one thing in common, and that is we eat every day. Some of us eat better than others. I worked in restaurants from the age of 15 until I was 25 years old. I also spent a lot of time in the kitchen until I learned how fun the bar could be, and not smelling like grease after work was.

I cook at home quite a bit, and have a professional style kitchen, we have a lot of parties here because of all the family, and friends in close proximity. We have as many as 20 people over once, or twice a month at one time. It gets a little crazy, but we have a lot of fun doing it.

Another thing is Kate, and I don't like processed food, we try to eat fresh ingredients every night, so that means going out, or staying in, and cooking.

One thing friends always ask me is how do you make this, how do you make that, what is the recipe for those? Well like any ex chef, or kitchen hand I don't really cook with a recipe, it is more of a feel for what works with what, and having the right ingredients on hand to make it look easy.

Chef's Recipe Catalog is a new blog I have put together that I am sharing with family, and friends so they have access to recipes of what they taste over here at the house. The recipes come at you from more of a male perspective to cooking, and it has gotten pretty good reviews so far from the family.

So if you are into eating, cooking, restaurants, and gastronomic travels you will probably enjoy this. If you don't know how to cook this blog can make you a hero with your dates just by following the directions.

You might ask why the blog's? Well they do get rated and shine back on my health insurance websites. Selling health insurance is what I do for a living. So it serves a double purpose, I have fun, and it helps raise the ratings in the search engines for my professional web programs. Cooking is a passion for me, and it is very relaxing, so we try to do it as much as possible using the freshest regional ingredients we can find.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.