Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Pride of Tenino

Now that we are settled back in our routines I thought I would post this photo from the Hawaii trip.

This is T90 (Jack) with my wife Kate. Notice if you would the fantastic purple overalls he wears to the games. His wife made them for him and they look great at the tailgate!

This photo was taken at the UWAA event before the game. The UWAA did a fantastic job putting together this party. The food they had was just fantastic since they served Kailua Pork which is the BBQ of the Islands.

This was T90's first trip back to Oahu in over 30 years. He was stationed there when he was in the military during the late 60's. So he had a great time checking out all his old haunts.

I wouldn't mind if the Huskies played the Warriors every year. I think it would be great if we could finish the regular season up in Hawaii every other year. I'm not sure what the rules are concerning playing in Hawaii. I do know that you get an extra game when you travle there, but I am not sure if you can do it every year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great meeting you after years of chat rooms and message boards. Kate is a very nice lady, you're a lucky man John.

The food was great at the tailgate, I agree, some of the better food the wife and I have eaten at an away game.

After 30+ years away from O'ahu the names were the same but the towns didn't look the same, lots of growth over there

John Berkowitz said...

It was great meeting you and your wife in person. It was one of the highlights of the trip. That is the great thing about Husky football...it brings people together.